|Southern Bridge (from ESE) at end of Deck 12|
Subsequently however a superb shot (six hits on 6 dice) by the Xelt regiment wiped out the Stagonian Artillery Guard.
But the Goyette P&S unit in the north countered by wiping out the Yellow Squadron of the Asti Spumonti Cavalry. Again Alpia countered with their Izzo Pike & Shot causing a casualty to the Jillete Knights and Xelt routing the Stagonian's blue gun crew.
|Bridge from South|
In Deck 9, Alpia's Blue Battery, commanded by Captain Ariete, was charged and destoyed by the Brown Squadron of Stagonia's Pincemail Cavalry. Unfortunately the Red Squadron failed to rout Alpia's Xelt regiment when they rolled miserable dice, ending up locked in melee.
|From the West -- End of Deck 12|
Deck 12 was much more eventful. Alpia's Izzo unleashed a nasty volley that dissolved the Blue Squadron of the Jillette Knights and killed Brigadier Marcel Bizot in the process. Another volley from them halted the charge of the Jillette's Purple Squadron.
|Northern Bridge (looking South)|
Alpia's Utti countered by causing a casualty to Stagonia's Brown Squadron of the Pincemail Cavalry, shaking it.
Finally the turn ended with the Jillette's Purple Knights charging the Izzo Pike & Shot. Unfortunately although they had a strong advantage, they rolled poorly, while Xelt rolled very well resulting in the destruction of the knights, opening up the center of the woodline.
Current status of each side's forces:
General Geovanni Rossi:
- Lanzia Spezatta -- orders have finally arrived (Fresh)
- Asti Spumonti Cavalry -- Orange (fresh); Yellow Squadron gone
- Cianti Cavalry -- Lavender shaken, 1 casualty; Blue Squadron gone
- Utti Pike & Shot == open order, fresh
- Izzo Pike & Shot ==open order, 1 casualty
- Zuff Pike & Shot == gone
- Qeel Pike & Shot == line, fresh
- Picanti Swordsmen -- line, shaken, 1 casualty
- Xelt Pike & Shot == shaken, 1 casualty
- Yarp Pike & Shot == rallied into line, 1 casualty
- Telli Crossbows --gone
- Capt. Corelli's Battery -- in North, fresh
- Capt. Ariete's Battery -- in South, gone
General Maxime Murdeau
Brigadier Louis Petit:
- La Capelle Pike & Shot -- in West, moving south to center, fresh
- Goyette Pike & Shot -- on road, fresh
- Forquest Pike & Shot --on road, 1 casualry
- Jillette Knights -- gone
- Pincemail Cavalry -- in far South; Brown shaken, 1 casualty; Red 1 casualty
- Hamoncourt Pike & Shot -- routing toward Bellevue Hills, 2 casualties
- Ardant Pike & Shot -- gone
- Lau Crossbows -- gone
- Blue Artillery -- gone
- Artillery Guards -- gone
- Red Artillery -- gone
So now it looks like the "treeline defense" won't hold . . . so what will Stagonia do? Look for the answer in the coming year. And I wish you all a most wonderful and happy New Year.